Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Project: Warden in White: Part 1 - Initial Assembly

First step of the project was, of course, to build the model. I mostly followed the directions in the Dreadknight with a few exceptions. I didn't attach any of the plates with words engraved on them, nor did I attach the notorious "baby bjorn" pieces (Although, I might be able to construct another terminator Librarian out of the unused bits.). It turns out the Mortis dreadnought carapace fits perfectly over the front to the Dreadknight chassis, so no serious modifications needed there. Had to pry off the front plate of the dreadnought and attach the Dark Angels sarcophagus panel. I also found this base at GenCon, a bit bigger than a regular dreadnought's base, but significantly smaller than the base that comes with the Dreadknight. Personally, I think this size base makes the model look nicely bulkier than if it were in the middle of a much larger base.

Next step will be to take some epoxy putty and cover up the engraved words on the shin and shoulder plates, as those terms are pretty specific to the Grey Knights. The Deathwing Company Banner will be attached between the legs, hanging sort of like a loincloth.

I'm not going to attach the plates, arms, or banner until the model is mostly painted. I really want this to be a crown-jewel of my army, so I don't want anything in the way of painting it just the way I want it. Same goes for the just ludicrous amount of purity seals he's going to have hanging about him. I'll paint those separately and attach them later in the process. Might glue on some additional Dark Angels/Deathwing iconography in a few places before priming begins. But that is the next step: priming.


No comments:

Post a Comment